Monday, September 6, 2010

SF ZineFest was 9/4 and 9/5/10!



I was cramming to finish "Crash Course" in time for the San Francisco ZineFest and I actually managed to finish it ahead of schedule. So unusual for me! As is usually the case, I wrote this comic as I was working through my issues in my relationship... not my romantic relationship this time, but my relationship... with other drivers on the road. I don't know if it's irony or if I jinxed myself, but the day after I got the comic back from the printer... I was involved in a road rage incident with another driver. I'm seriously considering working on a Crash Course, volume 2. We'll see if that happens.

But back to ZineFest.... I was sorry that my mentor and dearest friend, MariNaomi was not tabling this year. Almost every year I've managed to have a table next to hers and enjoyed catching up on each others' lives as much as the celebration of comics - mine and others. But this year, I had a new companion with me... my friend Sharon's dog Fozzie. He did his best to fill the gap left by Mari. I think the highlight of the weekend for me was when Mari brought her new dog, Ono, to ZineFest and both dogs got to play. For a brief moment, I wished I were a little dog rolling around and wrestling in the grass. That is... until Fozzie nearly got showered while trying to smell Ono's behind. But all-in-all, a lovely weekend.

0 comments: